Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated 6th July, 2018
TRADE NOTICE No. 20/2018
- All Regional Authorities of DGFT
- All EPCs
- Federation of Indian Export Organizations
- All IEC holders
Subject: – Issuance of export authorisation / license by DGFT (Hqrs) for export of SCOMET items – reg.
During an interaction of Director General of Foreign Trade with the major exporters of dual use SCOMET items on 30th May 2018, industry representatives requested that DGFT may consider the issue of SCOMET export authorisations from DGFT (Hqrs) itself to avoid delay in grant of export authorisations.
- It has accordingly been decided that w.e.f. 06.07.2018, export authorisations for SCOMET items would be issued by the SCOMET Cell, DGFT (Hqrs) under the signature of FTDO (SCOMET), DDG (Export) or any other official designated for the purpose, with a copy to jurisdictional Regional Authorities of DGFT.
- However, issues relating to revalidation of SCOMET authorisations after expiry, penal action in terms of FTDR Act, grant of MEIS and other benefit, etc., would continue to be handled by the concerned jurisdictional Regional Authority, in terms of the existing provision in FTP/HBP.
- Further, jurisdictional Regional Authorities would immediately issue export authorisations in respect of those SCOMET cases, against which permissions have been issued by DGFT (Hqrs) prior to issue of this Trade Notice.
- This issues with the approval of competent authority.
Joint Director General of Foreign Trade
Tele No. 23063419
Download DGFT Trade Notice No. 20/2018 Dated 06-07-2018 – PDF Format – Download Here