- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has extended the last date to file Form 24Q (Salary TDS Return) for 4th quarter of F.Y.2018-19.
- The due date has extended up to 30th June 2019 from 31st May 2019.
- The due date has also extenedfor issue of salary TDS Certificate (Form 16) from 15th June 2019 to 10th July 2019.
- The order under section 119 of the Income-Tax Act,1961 has published in this regard on 4th June 2019.
- You can download the order in PDF format from the link given below.
ORDER UNDER SECTION 119 OF THE INCOME-TAX ACT, 1961
With a view to redress genuine hardship of deductors in timely filing of TDS statement in Form 24Q on account of revision of its format and consequent updating of the File Validation Utility for its online filing, the Central Board of Direct Taxes, in exercise of its powers under section 119 of the Income Tax Act, 1961, hereby –
(i) extends the due date of filing of TDS statement in Form 24Q for financial year 2018-19 from 31st of May, 2019 to 30th of June, 2019 and
(ii) extends the due date for issue of TDS certificate in Form 16 for financial year 2018-19 from 15th of June, 2019 to 10th of July, 2019.