Circular No. 44 /2018-Customs
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs)
Room No. 229A, North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 13th November, 2018
All Principal Chief Commissioners/Chief Commissioners of Customs/Customs (Preventive)
All Principal Chief Commissioners/ Chief Commissioners of Customs & Central Excise
All Principal Commissioners/ Commissioners of Customs/ Customs (Preventive)
All Principal Commissioners/ Commissioners of Customs & Central Excise
Subject: Implementation of PGA eSANCHIT– Paperless Processing under SWIFT-Uploading of Licenses/Permits/Cetrificates/Other Authorizations (LPCOs) by PGAs – reg.
With the objective of further reducing physical interface between Customs/regulatory agencies and the trade and to increase the speed of clearance in both Imports & Exports, it is proposed to introduce a facility to upload digitally signed Licenses/ Permits/Certificates/Other Authorizations (LPCOs) by Participating Government Agencies (PGAs) on eSANCHIT at all ICES locations across India from 16.11.2018. As of now it is proposed to cover only the following PG As and documents in imports and exports as detailed below: –
2. The beneficiaries e. the importers/exporters/customs brokers would not be allowed to upload the above-mentioned LPCOs on eSANCHIT w.e.f. 16.11.2018. In order to avoid inconveniences to the trade, initially the facility is being implemented with 1 document of each PGA mentioned above. More documents and other PGAs would be brought onto eSANCHIT in due course. Further, to facilitate the members of the trade (beneficiaries), the PGAs are required to upload the LPCOs issued by them during the last 15 days from the date of implementation of this facility/ project. Any unutilized LPCOs issued on a prior date may also be uploaded by the PGAs on eSANCHIT, in order to enable the beneficiary to utilize the same.
3. In this regard, reference is invited to Board’s Circular No. 35/2018-Customs dated 01.10.2018 wherein, beneficiaries were advised to register on ICEGATE website to enable the PGAs to link the LPCOs to their IEC/GSTN and email ID. It may be noted that such registration is a pre-requisite for the new facility and only after the beneficiary is registered on ICEGA TE, would the unique Image reference Number (IRN) for the LPCO uploaded by PGA be communicated to the beneficiary. This IRN would then be used by the beneficiary to link the LPCO with the Bill of Entry I Shipping Bill for Customs clearance.
4. The user manual for uploading the LPCO by PGAs and to tag this document with the Bill of Entry/ Shipping Bill by the beneficiary is available on ICEGATE website.
5. The Customs Officers will be able to view these LPCOs uploaded by the PGAs as a Supporting Document and tagged to the respective BE/SB.
6. In case the LPCO uploaded by the PGA is amended for any reason, the amended LPCO is required to be uploaded on eSANCHJT and the new IRN shall be quoted during consequential amendment of the B/E or S/B.
7. In case the beneficiary does not tag the IRN of LPCO uploaded by the PGA with the B/E or S/B, he/she may tag that IRN (LPCO uploaded by PGA) with the corresponding Bill of Entry I Shipping Bill by submitting an amendment at the Service Centre. This procedure will also apply when the beneficiary has already filed Bill of Entry/ Shipping Bill, however, later on the PGA uploads an amended LPCO on eSANCHIT.
8. All Chief Commissioners of Customs are requested to issue public notices. Feedback and queries, if any, may be sent by email to email@example.com.
9. Any difficulties, in this regard, may be brought to the notice of the Board.
OSD (Cus IV)
Circular Custom PDF Format – Download Here