Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi
Trade Notice No. 51/2018-19
- All Exporters/Member of Trade
- All Regional Authorities of the Directorate General of Foreign Trade
- All SEZs
Subject: Online filing, processing and system based approval of MEIS applications in respect of SEZ shipping bills
The Directorate has been on regular basis taking measures to simplify the implementation of the FTP Schemes by establishing processes which are smooth, free from manual interface and are quick and efficient. In line with the Government of India’s motto of facilitating the “Ease of doing business”, online filing, processing and system based approval of MEIS applications in respect of SEZ shipping bills is being activated w.e.f. 08.04.2019 as has already been done for shipping bills from non-SEZ ports.
2. The procedure and guidelines for exporters/applicants and SEZ RAs would be just like the system based automatic approval for MEIS applied for such Shipping bills, as has been mentioned in the Trade Notice No. 30 dated 11.09.2018 (attached). Effectively, the exporters would be able to electronically attach the SEZ shipping bills in their online application and link these shipping bills with e-BRCs for shipping bills with HS Codes, which are not in the negative list issued vide Public Notice 68 dated 01.2019 (attached). The system would approve the MEIS applications and SEZ RAs are required to dispatch them within 1 working day or hand over to the applicant, as opted by the applicant in the online module.
3. Any difficulty in the implementation of this system, may please be brought to the notice of this Directorate immediately.
4. This is issued with the approval of the Competent Authority.
(Nikunj Kumar Srivastava)
(Additional Director General of Foreign Trade)
(Issued from File No. 01/61/180/245/AM19/PC-3)
DGFT Trade Notice No.51/2019 PDF Format – Download Here