The procedure to deposit advance tax is similar to income tax. Advance tax is itself a income tax. We call it advance tax as we deposit it advance before due date of income tax. So the procedure is the same as income tax. After calculation of advance tax, you can deposit advance tax offline or online.
Online Procedure to Deposit Advance Tax
All asesseess may deposit advance tax electronically. There is no restrictions for any assesse for depositing online advance tax. But for some assesse online deposit of advance tax is mandatory like companies, assesses whose accounts audited u/s 44AB.
You can deposit advance tax online by credit card or debit card or by internet banking.
You can deposit advance tax throught your own account or you can use another bank account. But you have to fill challan no. 280 online clearly by stating your own name, address, PAN and other details properly.
You have to fill up challan No.280 and deposit advance tax installment along with Challan No.280 in any authorized bank branch.
You should write your name in full, complete address, permanent account number, assessment year, assessing officer’s ward or circle where the assesse is assessed or assessable and the amount of tax and surcharge, if any, separately and properly.
Date of Payment of Advance Tax
Date of payment of tax is important not only for the purpose of reckoning the payment towards the relevant advance tax installment, but also for the purpose of computing interest for delay, if any. If the payment is made by a cheque along-with the challan into the Government treasury or the bankers authorized to collect Government receipts, and if the cheque is not dishououred later, it shall be deemed that payment has been made on the date the cheque was so tendered.
- 15th June 2019 – 15% of Advance Tax
- 15th September 2019 – 30% of Advance Tax
- 15th December 2019 – 30% of Advance Tax
- 15th March 2020- 25% of Advance Tax
- 31st March 2020 – Tax on capital gains or casual income arising after 15th March, if any
- Business/professional assessees declaring income under the estimated income scheme u/s 44AD or 44ADA shall be required to deposit the whole of advance tax by 15th March of the financial year.
- Any amount deposited by 31st March, is treated as advance tax for that financial year.
- If the last day for payment of any instalment of advance tax is a day on which the receiving bank is closed, the assessee can make the payment on the next immediately following working day, and in such cases, the mandatory interest leiable u/s 234B and 234C would not be charged.
So from above it is clear that timely payment of advance tax is very important for you as it levied interest on late or non payment of advance tax. So deposit your advance tax save your penal interest. If you would like to clear your confusion about advance tax payment please comment via comment form given below. We will try to solve your queries with in 24 hours time.