ITR-V means Income Tax Return Verification is an acknowledgement that your return is successfully submitted to income tax department. ITR-V is not required in case you have submitted your ITR using Digital Signature. One needs to send ITR-V in case you don’t have Digital Signature. Mostly people do not have digital signature. ITR-V is mailed to your linked e-mail Id with your PAN by Income tax Department after you have filed ITR. It is a 1 page document which one needs to submit to department for them to start processing.
How to Download ITR-V from Department’s Website?
Step 1: Visit department’s website https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ and click on log in (Your PAN is your username)
Step 2: After logging In, Click on “View Returns/ Forms” option to see the e-filed returns.
Step 3: Click on the acknowledgement number to download your ITR-V. In case you want to e-verify your tax return click on “Click here to view your returns pending for e-verification”. For more information click on https://www.alerttax.in/how-to-e-verify-of-income-tax-return/
Step 4: Click on the option ITR-V/ Acknowledgement to begin download.
Date of Birth : 09 Oct 1984
Step 6: Print this document. Sign it and send it to CPC Bangalore within 120 days from Date of e-filing.
- Income tax return- Verification form should be printed only in black ink. (No use of any other ink)
- There should be no water marks on ITR-V. The only permissible water mark is “Income tax Department”. This water mark is printed automatically on every ITR-V when you download it.
- The print should be clear
- It should not get fade.
- There should be use of only A4 size white paper. (Other papers are not allowed eg. Legal etc)
- Use of stapler is also not allowed on ITR-V
- There should be no typing on the reverse side of the paper.
- Do not print back to back in case you are submitting Original and Revised ITR. Use separate sheets for printing.
Address at which ITR-V is to be send
Income Tax Department CPC,
Post Box no. 1,
Electronic City Post Office,
Bangalore 560100, Karnataka
About the Author
Arpit Goyal is pursuing CA and B.com & also working as an article assistant in Gurgaon. He has an immense interest in Taxation. He loves to use technology to spread knowledge about taxation & accounts.