As you know from the previous article that it is the choice of the assesee to do e-Verification of Income Tax return. There are total six ways to do e-Verification of ITRs. Here is one of the way we will discuss in detail i.e. e-Verification of Income Tax Return Through EVC on mobile & email.
Electronic Verification Code (EVC) is a 10-digit alpha numeric number unique to your PAN and represents your tax return documentation. It is similar to an OTP which you use while shopping with credit or debit cards or while transacting through net banking. Here you can get the complete step by step detail of e-Verification of Income Tax Return through EVC on Mobile & Email.
Steps to E-verify tax return through EVC (Electronic Verification Code)
- Generate EVC code at the time of uploading your tax return
- Choose to e-verify a tax return that has been previously uploaded and generate EVC at a later date ( within the 120 day limit)
To verify your tax return electronically after uploading the return, you have to follow following steps:
- If you have a user account, login to your account at online portal. (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/)
- If you haven’t done it yet, register yourself by creating a user account at the income tax department’s e-filing website. PAN card number becomes your user ID.
- Go to e-file menu on account dashboard. Click on it, scroll through drop down menu and select Upload Return. Click on it and go the linked page.
- Click the link and a screen will be displayed-
Click on option 2– I do not have an EVC and I would like to generate EVC to e-verify my return to get a new/fresh code.
- If your total income is below 5 lakhs and you have no refund claims, you will see a screen with 4 EVC generating options.
- Click on EVC- To Registered Email ID and Mobile Number
If you choose option 4– I would like to send ITR-V/ I would like to e-verify later, the following screen appears:
You can also use the following methods to e-Verify Your income tax return. If you find any difficulty to do e-Verification by EVC on mobile & email.
- e-Verification through Aadhaar OTP (Click here to Know More)
- e-Verification through net banking (Click here to Know More)
- e-Verification through Demat Account (Click here to Know More)
- e-Verification through Bank Account (Click here to Know More)
- e-Verification through Bank ATM (Click here to Know More)
- By sending Physical ITR-V (Click here to Know More)
About the Author
Arpit Goyal is pursuing CA and B.com & also working as an article assistant in Gurgaon. He has an immense interest in Taxation. He loves to use technology to spread knowledge about taxation & accounts.