The e-Way bill portal is now serving as a one-stop solution for all inter-state & intra state transport needs. No matter where the goods are being transported, if their value is above ₹50,000 and fall under e-Way bill’s scope then e-Way bill needs to be generated. Additionally, the e-Way bill portal, www.ewaybill.nic.in has given suppliers a wide range of flexibilities which includes managing Masters.
What is Masters?
Masters under e-Way bill is an online facility which makes it easier and faster for the supplier to generate e-Way bills. Regular business transactions involve sending and receiving goods from one source across multiple time. This creates a headache for the supplier as every time they are required to insert all the details before generating an e-Way bill. With the help of Masters, the supplier can save the information of the transporter as well the recipient for future use. Later on when an e-Way bill is required to be generated, the supplier can just enter the GSTIN number and the remaining areas will get filled up automatically.
Masters can be maintained under 4 heads. The master tab has 5 sub-options like to create the user masters like customers, suppliers, products, transporters and bulk upload of these masters.
Masters for Products
For the purpose of storing product details for future reference, an user needs to create ‘My Masters’ for products. This can be done by:
- Login to ewaybill.nic.in
- Going to ‘My Masters’ section and selecting ‘Products’
- A new page will open where product details needs to be inserted. This is a one-time process and the user will need to mention – product name, measuring unit, description of the product, HSN Code and taxation rate of the product. Once the form is complete, the user will click on ‘Submit’.
- The system will automatically save the product information for future reference.
From next time onward, the user only needs to mention the product name and the required fields will automatically get populated.
Masters for Clients
For the purpose of storing clients or suppliers details for future reference, an user needs to create ‘My Masters’ for Clients or Supplier. This can be done by:
- Login to the official e-Way bill website- ewaybill.nic.in
- Going to ‘My Masters’ section and selecting ‘Client’ or ‘Supplier’, as the case may be
- If the client or supplier is registered, then the user only needs to insert GSTIN of the client or supplier and click on ‘Submit’, the remaining information will automatically get filled. In cases where the client or supplier has multiple place of business, location needs to be selected manually along with the distance to be covered (in kms). Upon clicking the submit button, the client or supplier will get added to the ‘Masters’
- If the client or supplier is unregistered, then the ‘GST unregistered’ information has to be selected at the beginning of the form under ‘My Masters’ à ‘Clients’ or ‘Supplier’. Then information such as State, Name, Address, Place, PIN Code, Mobile number, Email, etc., has to be inserted manually. Upon adding the details, clicking on ‘Submit’ will add the client or supplier to the ‘Masters’.
Masters for Transporters
For the purpose of storing transporter details for future reference, an user needs to create ‘My Masters’ for Transporters. This can be done by:
- Login to ewaybill.nic.in
- Going to ‘My Masters’ section and selecting ‘Transporters’
- Enter the ‘Transporters Number’ and click on ‘submit’
- Details of the transporter will automatically be filled.
- The place of business needs to be selected and then by clicking on ‘Submit’, the transporter will be added to the ‘Masters’.
Can I add details to Masters in bulk?
Yes, the e-Way bill website offers a facility to add details in bulk. For the purpose the user needs to follow the given steps:
Step 1 – Login to www.ewaybill.nic.in
Step 2 – Go to ‘How to Use’ option and select ‘Tools’
Step 3 – Select ‘Master JSON Preparation’. This will download a file on to your computer.
Step 4 – Fill up the form which was downloaded with the required details by opening the file and clicking on ‘Prepare JSON’. It is like an excel sheet that will have columns and rows. You can keep adding products, clients, supplier or transporters as many as you want. Click on ‘Validate’ and ensure that there are no mistakes.
Step 5 – Upload the JSON file which was edited and saved.
Have questions? Place it in the comment section!