Find here complete detail about GST council meeting decisions till the date. You can find the date wise detail of GST Council meeting decisions. If you are a tax professional then you must follow this page to get latest updates on GST amendments.
32nd GST Council Meeting on 10-01-2019
31st GST Council Meeting on 22-12-2018
30th GST Council Meeting on 28-09-2018
The 30th GST Council Meet concluded on September 28, 2018. It was chaired by Finance Minister, Sh. Arun Jaitley via video conferencing along with other state finance ministers. Here are some takeaways from the latest Council Meet.
1. Calamity Cess
Keeping in view the grave flood situation in Kerala, the state proposed the imposition of cess on SGST for the purpose of rehabilitation and other flood related works. The GST Council decided to constitute a GoM i.e. a Group of Ministers consisting of 7 members, who would devise plans to help distressed states during calamity. This was finalized after the approval of Sh. Arun Jaitley. The GoM will take care of the issues related to “Modalities for Revenue Mobilization in case of Natural Calamities and Disasters”. The report will be submitted by 31st October, 2018 by the GoM.
2. Revenue Gap
The revenue gap is decreasing and the Council will wait till the next month to comprehend with the ongoing trend. There was a detailed presentation about revenue position. It had been decided earlier that GST council secretary would visit revenue deficit states & analyse it. However, it was found that there’s no revenue shortfall in the North-eastern states. The Finance Minister stated that the deficit that the centre has to neutralise was 16% in first year.
3. 1% PAN-India Tax
The 30th GST Council Meet also had a discussion with respect to 1% PAN-India tax on commodities.
4. GST Collections
The GST collections in many north-eastern states had been beyond expectations. Also, an Analyst Panel will conduct a research over the GST collection across the states.
However, there was no discussion on account of:
- GST rate change on any product.
- The inclusion of Petrol and Diesel under the ambit of GST.
There are still a lot of issues that require immediate attention of the GST Council such as simplification and automation of GSTR-9C, compliances for MSMEs, AAR discussions, etc. These issues were expected to be discussed in the 30th Council Meet.
29th GST Council Meeting on 04-08-2018
Digital Payments :
1. Incentives in the form cashback will be offered on the GST component of the bill for payments made digitally.
2. Digital modes will include payments through –
- Rupay Debit card
- BHIM UPI
- UPI Aadhaar
- USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data)
3. A cashback of 20% on the GST component will be credited to the consumers, which will be limited to Rs. 100 only per transaction.
4. This will be a trial basis process by the GST council to check whether it increases the tax payment compliances or not.
5. It will not be a compulsory adoption by the states. The states will have to volunteer for these processes to be implemented.
1. A group of ministers formed to study and address the issues related to MSMEs.
2. This group will work in alignment with the law and fitment committee to address the concerns of this sector on GST compliances and procedures related to GST return filings.
28th GST Council Meeting on 21-07-2018
- GST Rates Reduction on Several Goods – GST Council Recommendation
- Recommendations on Opening of Migration Window for Tax Payers till 31st August, 2018
- GST Council Approves Simplified GST Return in 28th Meeting
- GST Rates on Services – GST Council Meeting Decisions on 28th Meeting
- Recommendations Made on 28th Meeting of GST Council [21st July 2018]
27th GST Council Meeting on 04-05-2018
- Filing of New Return Design on 27th GST Council Meeting on 04-05-2018
- Change in Shareholding Pattern of GSTN – 27th GST Council Meeting on 04-05-2018
- Changes in GST Rate for Digital Transactions and Imposition of Sugar Cess
26th GST Council Meeting on 10-03-2018
- Recommendations of Data Analytics on 26th Meeting 10-03-2018
- E-way Bill Recommendations (26th GST Council Meeting 10-03-2018)
- Recommendations Made on 26th GST Council Meeting 10-03-2018
- Extension of Tax Exemptions for Exports for 6 Months (26th Meeting 10-03-2018)
25th GST Council Meeting on 18-01-2018
- GST Rate Changes on Services on 25th GST Council Meeting (18-01-2018)
- 25th GST Council Meeting on 18-01-2018 Briefing
- Recommendations for Changes In GST/IGST Rate (25th Meeting on 18-01-2018)
- Policy Changes Recommendation in 25th GST Council Meeting on 18-01-2018
24th GST Council Meeting on 16-12-2017
23rd GST Council Meeting on 10-11-2017
- GST Council 23rd Meeting on 10 Nov 2017 – Complete Updates
- Facilitative Measures for Taxpayers [23rd GST Council Meeting on 10-11-2017]
- GST Rate Changes on 23rd Meeting (10-11-2017)
22nd GST Council Meeting on 06-10-2017
- Quick & Detail Updates of GST Council 22nd Meeting
- Changes in Rate of Tax on Supply of Services – 22nd Meeting 06-10-2017
- Changes in IGST Exemption on Imports of Goods [22nd Council Meeting 06-10-2017]
- Changes in GST Rates for Goods – 22nd Meeting (06-10-2017)
- Relief in Composition Scheme, Reverse Charges, etc (22nd Council Meeting on 06-10-2017)
21st GST Council Meeting on 09-09-2017
- 21st GST Council Meeting Recommendations on 09-09-2017
- 21st GST Council Meeting (09-09-2017) – Decisions Taken on Services
20th GST Council Meeting on 05-08-2017
18th GST Council Meeting on 30-06-2017
17th GST Council Meeting on 18-06-2017
16th GST Council Meeting on 11-06-2017
- Service Tax Exemptions Decisions (16th GST Council Meeting 11-06-2017)
- Revised Threshold Limit for Composition Levy (16th GST Council Meeting 11-06-2017)
- IGST Exemption under GST (16th GST Council Meeting 11-06-2017)
- Revised GST Rate on Certain Goods (16th GST Council Meeting 11-06-2017)