How is a Challan is generated for making payments without logging onto the GST Portal?
To create and generate a Challan without logging onto the GST Portal, perform the following steps:
1. Access the https://www.gst.gov.in/ URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
2. Navigate to Services > Payments > Create Challan option.
3. The Create Challan page is displayed.
4. In the GSTIN/Other Id field, enter your GSTIN or Other ID.
5. In the Type the characters as displayed below field, enter the captcha text.
6. Click the PROCEED button.
7. The Create Challan page is displayed.
8. In the Tax Liability Details grid, enter the details of payment to be made.
- You can enter any amount irrespective of your liability which will get updated in your Electronic Cash Ledger which can be utilized later.
- Amount entered under any Minor head (Tax, Interest, Penalty, Fee and Others) and Major Head (CGST, IGST, SGST/UTGST, Cess) can be utilized only for that liability. Cross-utilization among Major and Minor heads are not possible.
9. The Total Challan Amount field and Total Challan Amount (In words) fields are auto-populated with total amount of payment to be made.
10. In the Payment Modes option, select the appropriate choice.
11 (a). In case of E-Payment
i. To generate the Challan, click the GENERATE CHALLAN button.
12. In the GSTIN/Other Id for Challan Generation field, enter the GSTIN o Other ID.
13. Click the PROCEED button.
14. The Challan is generated.
15. You can also download the GST Challan by clicking the DOWNLOAD button.
16. The Challan is downloaded.