Income Tax Department has launched a new facility called Instant e-PAN. This facility is free of cost for instant allotment of e-PAN and is available only for a limited period on first come first service basis. It is good opportunity for the persons who have not PAN card. They can get benefit of this free of cost service.
Who can use Instant e-PAN Service?
- It is only for resident individuals (except minors)
- You can use this service only if you have not any PAN card on your name.
- You must have active mobile number which is linked to Aadhar Card. As the system will generate OTP on your mobile number which is activated on Aadhar card.
Who Can Not Use Instant e-PAN Service?
- HUFs, Trusts and Companies etc.
- If you do not have AADHAR Card.
How to Use Instant e-PAN Service?
- You should visit the official website of income tax department i.e. https://portal.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home.
- Then click on “Instant e-PAN” option on the left hand side.
- Then click on “Apply Instant e-PAN”.
- Now read Guidelines as given in the next window.
- After that click on next and fill the information asking in the form.
- After filing all the information read at least once to remove any mistakes.
- Finally, submit it and get 15 digit acknowledgement number.
You must fill the information that matched with your Aadhar card. In case of mismatching the validation will fail.
You must submit OTP while verification process. The system will auto generate and fill the data on e-instant PAN application form.
Instant e-PAN Allotment
Once the e-PAN is successfully allotted, the applicant will receive the SMS/eMail alert. e-PAN may be downloaded in e-Filing Portal by clicking on Instant e-PAN –> “Check Instant e-PAN Status” . Acknowledgement number and Mobile OTP (OTP will be sent to the mobile number as provided in the application form) will be validated to download the e-PAN.
Requirement to Apply Instant e-PAN
You need to upload the scanned copy of the signature on a white paper in the specification given below.
- Resolution – 200 DPI
- Type – Color
- File Type – JPEG
- Size – Max 10 KB
- Dimension – 2×4.5 cm (only the signature to be scanned)
The instant e-PAN is a paper less facility, there you don’t need any physical documents to send.