A complete guide of Section 194G TDS on Commission etc. on sale of lottery tickets
Who is Liable to Deduct TDS Under Section 194G?
- The persons who are paying any commission, remuneration or prize on lottery tickets to a person who has been stocking, distributing, purchasing or selling lottery tickets.
What is TDS Rate under section 194G?
- The rate of TDS on commission on sale of lottery ticket is 5% (10% up to 31.5-2016)
- No surcharge, education cess or SHEC shall be added to the above rates.
- The rate of TDS will be 20% in all cases, if PAN is not quoted by the deductee.
Quick Summary of Section 194G (TDS on Commission on Sale of Lottery Tickets)
|Person Responsible to Deduct Tax||Stockist, distributor, etc. of lottery tickets|
|Exemption Limit||Rs. 15,000|
|TDS Rates||5% ( 10% up to 31.5.2016) (No Surcharge, education cess or SHEC shall be added). The rate of TDS will be 20% in all cases, if PAN is not quoted by the deductee.|
|Time of Deduction of TDS||At the time of payment or credit whichever earlier.|
|Time for Deposit of TDS||Within one week from of the day of the month of tax deduction. For month of March, before 30th April.|
|Certificate of TDS||Form 16A for each quarter is to be issued within 15 days from the due date for furnishing the statement of tax deducted at source under rule 31A i.e. on or before 15th August, 15th November, 15th February and 15th June|
|Quarterly Return of TDS||In Form No. 26Q on or before 31st July, 31st October and 31st January for the first three quarters and on or before 31st May for the last quarter.|
|AO’s Certificate for Deduction at Lower Rate or Non Deduction||Yes, application in Form No. 13. Appropriate certificate to be issued by AO.|
|Is Self Declaration by Payee for Non Deduction Admissible||No|
Other Important TDS Articles
- TDS Returns and Payment Due Dates F.Y.2017-18
- TDS Rates Chart [A.Y.2018-19] [A.Y. 2017-18]
- Penalty for Late & Non Filing of TDS Returns [Latest Amendments]
- Time Limit to Deposit TDS & TDS Certificate [A.Y.2017-18]
- TDS Return – All You need to Know about TDS Return [A.Y. 2017-18]
- Persons Liable to Deduct Tax at Source (TDS)
- What is Form 16 (TDS Certificate)?
- TCS Rates Chart [A.Y. 2018-19] [F.Y. 2017-18]