Check all method to e-Verify income tax return in a very easy and quick steps with pictures. You can ask us if you find an difficulty to e-verify ITR via comment form given below.
The income tax return filing process is not complete until a successful verification of income tax return.
So to complete the filing process of Income Tax return You have to choose one of the following options:
DSC or e-Verify Income Tax Return or Sending ITR-V Hard Copies to CPC Banglore
Taxpayers who are not mandated to use DSC are eligibile for e-Verification.
e-Verification with Digital Signature is Mandatory for the following persons:
- Individual/HUF (If provisions of section 44AB are applicable)
- Firms (If provisions of section 44AB are applicable)
- Company (in all cases)
- Political Party (In all cases)
Here, you can find the detailed information about e-verification of Income Tax Returns. The following information includes all Income Tax Forms like ITR 1 (SAHAJ), ITR 2, ITR 2A, ITR 3, ITR 4, ITR 4S (SUGAM), ITR 5, ITR 6, ITR 7
- e-Verification through EVC (Mobile Number and e-mail) (Click here to Know More)
- e-Verification through Aadhaar OTP (Click here to Know More)
- e-Verification through net banking (Click here to Know More)
- e-Verification through Demat Account (Click here to Know More)
- e-Verification through Bank Account (Click here to Know More)
- e-Verification through Bank ATM (Click here to Know More)
- By sending Physical ITR-V (Click here to Know More)
Commonly verification is done through EVC, Aadhaar OTP and Net banking.
It is the choice of assessee to file return online or not but it is mandatory for some individual, those are:
- Assessee having total income Rs.5 lakh or above
- Any individual or HUF having foreign assets
- A resident Indian with signing authority for foreign assets
- Individual or HUF claiming relief under section 90 and 90A
- Assessee who has to respond to assessing officer by giving notice under section 11(2)
- Assessee who has to file ITR 7
- Assessee who has to furnish audit report under various sections of Income Tax act.
- Ensure you use correct Income tax return (ITR) form.
- Confirm that TDS under Form 16 match deductions by employer in form 26AS. This form can be assessed through income tax site.
- Claim all eligible deductions from total income.
- Ensure same name in aadhaar card, bank statement and PAN card. Any deviation in name can affect e-verification process.
- Link same mobile number and email ID to aadhaar card, PAN card, bank account as you will receive your EVC details through SMS or mail.
- Link your Aadhaar card to bank account and Income tax website, as it is useful when you unable to get an EVC and need an OTP.
- Obtain a digital signature and click Yes on popup asking to digitally sign your ITR.
About the Author
Arpit Goyal is pursuing CA and B.com & also working as an article assistant in Gurgaon. He has an immense interest in Taxation. He loves to use technology to spread knowledge about taxation & accounts.