Check all method to e-Verify income tax return in a very easy and quick steps with pictures. You can ask us if you find an difficulty to e-verify ITR via comment form given below. The income tax return filing process is not complete until a successful verification of income tax return. So to complete the filing process of Income Tax return You have to choose one of the following options:
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
- Aadhaar OTP
- Electronic Verification Code (Using Bank Account/Demat Account)
- Electronic Verification Code (Using Bank ATM -Offline Method)
- Net Banking
Why I need to e-Verify ITR?
The verification of ITR is mandatory to complete the income tax return filing process. If you will not verify Income tax return within stipulated time then ITR will be treated as invalid. It is very easy and fast way to e-verify income tax return.
There are two methods to verify ITR as follows:
- e-verify return online or
- Send a signed physical copy of ITR-V to CPC, Bangalore
Time Limit to e-Verify ITR
The time limit to e-Verify ITR is 120 days as per CBDT. But one can file request for condonation of delay by providing an appropriate reason for the delay. So if there is approval for condonation then it will be treated as valid return ever e-verify after 120 days.
Completion of ITR e-Verification
- A success message will be appear on the screen after the e-verification of ITR.
- One email will also be sent on your registration email ID for ITR e-verification.
Benefits of e-Verification ITR
- It is very simple and fast process for validate ITR.
- You don’t need to send any physically copy to anywhere.
- There are lots of ways to e-verify ITR as mentioned above.
Pre requisite for ITR e-verification
- Your mobile number will be updated with Aadhaar card to e-verify income tax return with Aadhaar OTP.
- You should have active Demat account to e-verify income tax return with Demat account.
- Ensure you use correct Income tax return (ITR) form.
- Confirm that TDS under Form 16 match deductions by employer in form 26AS. This form can be assessed through income tax site.
- Claim all eligible deductions from total income.
- Ensure same name in aadhaar card, bank statement and PAN card. Any deviation in name can affect e-verification process.
- Link same mobile number and email ID to aadhaar card, PAN card, bank account as you will receive your EVC details through SMS or mail.
- Link your Aadhaar card to bank account and Income tax website, as it is useful when you unable to get an EVC and need an OTP.
- Obtain a digital signature and click Yes on popup asking to digitally sign your ITR.
DSCs Mandatory for the following persons
- Individual/HUF (If provisions of section 44AB are applicable)
- Firms (If provisions of section 44AB are applicable)
- Company (in all cases)
- Political Party (In all cases)