We are providing you here the income tax deductions chart for ay 2019-20. The income tax deduction is available for making various payments like investments, medical expenses, donations, interest and more. You can check here all deductions available which will reduce your taxes. You can also download income tax deductions chart ay 2019-20 in PDF format and excel format.
Table of contents
Download Income Tax Deductions Chart for A.Y.2019-20
Here are the two options available for income tax deduction chart i.e. PDF and Excel. You can download the chart and print it for future references. Please also read the notes to given below before checking any income tax deduction.
|Income Tax Deductions Chart in PDF Format||Download Here|
|Income Tax Deductions Chart in Excel Format||Download Here|
|Section||Eligible Assessee||Eligible Payments||Permissible Deductions|
|80C||Individual or HUF||Investment or Contribution |
Tution Fees, UTI/MF/Annuity
Repayment for House
Construction or Purchase/
|80CCC||Individual||Pension Funds/Annuity Plan of LIC||Rs. 1,50,000/-*|
|80CCD||Individuals||Contribution to Pension |
Scheme of Central Government
|1) Salaried Employee Max 10% of Salary|
1A) Additional deduction of Rs. 50,000/-
2) Other case - Max 20% of GTI
|80CCG||Individuals||Investment to notified equity saving scheme||50% of amount invested|
or Rs.25,000/- Whichever
|80D||Individual or HUF||Medical Insurance Premium||Rs. 25,000 (Rs.50,000/- for Senior Citizens)|
|80DD||Indvidual or HUF||Maintenance inclduing medical treatment of a depended disabled||Servere Disability Rs. 1,25,000|
Other cases - Rs.75,000
|80DDD||Individual or HUF||Deduction for medical treatment of specified diseases or ailments||Rs.40000 in case of senior citizens|
Rs.1,00,000 in case of very senior citizens
|80E||Individual||Interest on loan taked for higher education||Deduction available for initiial 8 assessment year or until the interest is paid in full, whichiver is earlier.|
|80EE||Individual||Additional deduction for interest on loan borrowed for acquistion of self-occupied house property||Rs.50,000|
|80G||All Assesee||Donation to certain funds, charitable institution etc.||1) 100% deduction without any qualifying limit|
2) 50% deduction without any qualifying limit
3) 100% deduction with qualifying limit
4) 50% deduction with qualifying limit
|80GG||Individuals||Rent Paid||Least is available for deduction -|
1) 25% of total income
2) Rent paid - 10% of total income
3) Rs.5000 per month
3) Rs. 5000 p.m.
|80GGB||Any Company||Contribution to political parties||Actual Contribution (if made by other than cash)|
|80GGC||Any person other than local authroity and AJP funded by Govt||Contribution to politicial parties||Actual Contribution (if made by other than cash)|
|80TTA||Individual or HUF||Interest on deposites(not being time deposit) in a saving account with banks, cooperative society and post office.||Interest Received or 10,000 whichever is lower|
|80TTB||Individuals or HUF||Interest on Deposits||Upto Rs.50,000 shall be allowed to resident individuals who are senior citizens|
|80U||Individuals||Person with Disability||Rs.75,000/- in case of a person with disability and Rs. 1,25,000/- in case of a person with severe disability.|
Notes for Income Tax Deductions Chart for A.Y.2019-20
Please read the following notes carefully to understand the income tax deductions chart.
*The aggregate amount of deduction under section 80C, 80CCC and 80CCD (1) cannot exceed Rs. 1,50,000. There is additional deduction Rs.50000 u/s 80CCD (1B) is allowed.
***No deduction under section 80CCG is allowed from AY 2018-19. However if an assessee who has claimed deduction for AY 2017-18 and earlier assessment year then he is allowed for deduction till 2019-20.
We advised to the readers that you must download the PDF format of Income tax deductions chart. It will help you quickly check any deduction amount. Please ask if you have any query related to income tax deductions chart for A.Y.2019-20.
Changes in Income Tax Deductions Chart (Budget 2019 Finance bill No.2 2019)
Here are the few changes that has been amended in income tax deductions chart by recent budget 2019 (Finance Bill No.2019).
#1 A new clause (XXV) of Section 80C has been inserted i.e. Central Govt. Employees contribution under pension scheme referred under section 80CCD-For a fixed period of not less than three years and which is in accordance with scheme notified by CG.(This income tax deduction Amendment will take effect from 1st April 2020 in income tax deduction chart)
#2 In Section 80CCD in the case of an assessee referred to in sub-section (1), the Central Government or any other employer makes any contribution to his account referred to in that sub-section, the assessee shall be allowed a deduction in the computation of his total income, of the whole of the amount contributed by the Central Government or any other employer as does not exceed 10% of his salary in the previous year. Following has been amended “does not exceed –
- 14% where such contribution is made by the Central Government
- 10% where such contribution is made by any other employer, of his salary in the previous year”.(This income tax deduction Amendment will take effect from 1st April 2020 in income tax deduction chart)
#3 A new section is being inserted i.e section 80EEA. This section provides a deduction in respect of interest up to Rs. 1.50 Lacs on loan taken for residential house property from any financial institution subject to the following conditions:
- Loan has been sanctioned by a financial institution during the period beginning on the 1st April, 2019 to 31st March 2020.
- Stamp duty value of house property does not exceed Rs. 45 Lacs
- Assessee does not own any residential house property on the date of sanction of loan.
#4 It is also proposed that where a deduction under this section is allowed for any interest, deduction shall not be allowed in respect of such interest under any other provisions of the Act for the same or any other assessment year.
#5 Another new section is being inserted i.e. section 80EEB. This section provides a deduction, if assesse is an individual, of interest payable on loan taken by him from any financial institution, for the purpose of purchase of electric vehicle on the following conditions:
- Deduction shall not exceed Rs. 1.50 Lacs.
- Deduction shall subject to the condition that the loan has been sanctioned by the financial institution during the period beginning on the 1st day of April, 2019 and ending on the 31st day of March, 2023.
- Where a deduction under this section is allowed for any interest deduction shall not be allowed in respect of such interest under any other provision of this Act for the same or any other assessment year.(This Amendment will take effect from 1st April 2020 in income tax deduction chart)
#6 In section 80IBA (affordable housing) in sub-section(2) after cause (i) a Proviso inserted that:-
- Project approved on or after the 1st day of September, 2019.
- The project is on a plot of land measuring not less than:
- 1000 square metres, where such project is located within the metropolitan cities of Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi National Capital Region (limited to Delhi, Noida, Greater Noida, Ghaziabad, Gurugram, Faridabad), Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai (whole of Mumbai Metropolitan Region) – carpet area of residential unit not to exceed 60 square meters
- 2000 square meters where located in other areas – carpet area of residential unit not to exceed 90 square meters
- The stamp duty value of a residential unit in the housing project does not exceed Rs. 45 Lacs. (This Amendment will take effect from 1st April 2020 in income tax deduction chart)
#7 Section 80LA provides profit linked deduction of an amount equal to 100% of income for the first five consecutive assessment years and 50% of income for the next five consecutive assessment years, to units of an IFSC. The deduction shall be increased to 100% for any 10 consecutive years at its option out of fifteen years beginning with the year in which the necessary permission was obtained.(This amendment will take effect from 1st April, 2020 in income tax deduction chart)